Answering the hard questions: Should the Church stay out of my bedroom? | 14Dez2016 16:33:01

 


>> TRUTH & LIES - What do you believe? - SEASON I

JHW: I'm John Henry Westen, thanks for joining me on Truth & Lies, the show where we work together to shed light on common misconceptions and come to a fuller understanding of the truth.

>> TRUTH & LIES - JOHN-HENRY WESTEN - CO-FOUNDER & EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF LIFESITENEWS.COM

In my work in media I found that it is essential to speak the truth with love; love for all people, because we are all the children of God. And with that in mind let's have a look at this week's topic.

>> The church - stay Out of My Bedroom?

Well! The Catholic Church should stay out of the bedrooms of the nation, you've probably heard that one before, but let's take a moment to think about that. Do you agree? Do you disagree? And why? Is that your own opinion? Or the opinion of someone you know? Perhaps you've not had the chance to think about this before; well, now is our chance to think about it, to talk about it, and to learn about it. Within this topic there are many lies which have crept into our culture; I'm gonna show you a few of those now which we are going to address on this program.

TRUTH & LIES

Do you think there's anything wrong with contraception?
>> I think contraception is great and everyone should be able to get it.

Do you think contraception is important for women?
>> Contraception is a must these days if women want to have control over their own lives.

Is contraception good for women?
>> Contraception must be healthy and all for women. I mean, doctors prescribe it to help with acne and hormonal issues ater all.

Do you think there is a relationship between contraception and abortion?
>> Contraception's must reduce the need for abortions.

What do you think is a benefit of condoms?
>> Everyone knows that condoms prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
What is a benefit to contraception?
>> I think it lets married couples have fulfilled sexual lives without having to worry about having kids when they don't want them.

Close to thirty nine million women in the United States alone use some form of contraception, with female sterilization, birth control pills and condom usage being the most widely used methods; other methods include hormonal injections, implants, intrauterine devices and the birth control patch.

Research at Gent University in Belgium studied more than one thousand women who were taking oral contraceptives for a period of time and then stopped; they found a twenty to thirty percent increase in the amount of plaque in the arteries for every decade the woman was on the pill. The results were presented at an American Heart Association meeting; meanwhile another study published by The Lancet confirmed previous findings that the risk of cervical cancer is higher in women who are on the pill.

That risk drops back down to normal levels within ten years of quitting the pill. Nearly thirty years ago birth control pills were the be-all and the end-all of the sexual revolution. Free from the worries of pregnancy women explored their sexuality. Only a few years passed before the pill began to loose its luster; discoveries that high estrogen birth control pills contributed to breast cancer, embolism and strokes made women think twice. Today newer lower dosage birth control pills maintain high popularity despite their continued serious health risks for women.

Presently sixty million American women are using birth control pills, fuelling a two point eight billion dollar industry; many become familiar with the pill in adolescence, either because of a desire for sexual intimacy or due to painful or irregular periods. The birth control pill, shots and patches promote continuous high levels of oestrogen in a women's body; science tells us this is dangerous; a woman's natural cycle is composed of rising and falling levels of oestrogen and progesterone. Birth control pills work by keeping oestrogen at a sufficient high level that they fool the body into thinking it is pregnant therefore another pregnacy cannot occur.

>> ED HOPFNER - Director, Marriage & Family Life - Archdiocese of San Francisco - hopfnere@sfarchdiocese.org

To speak more about contraception and its effects we have in the studio Ed Hopfner, director of Marriage and Family Life for the Archdiocese of San Francisco, California.

JHW: So let's begin perhaps with a very common question, what is wrong with contraception anyway?

EH: Yes! That's a very good question. Most people think contraception is just this great boom to society, and they had a story in Time magazine a couple years ago, "Fifty Years Of The Pill" and I just, I shuttered; I would argue that it does damage to a couple's relationship psychologically, emotionally, spiritually and also physically; there are health risks associated with that most people are not aware of, so where would you like me to start?

JHW: Well, why don't we start with the medical health risks that most people aren't aware of?

Health risks
EH: Ok, sure, uh, well, first of all most people don't read the warning label so, if you do that I think that would scare people off right away.

You know I had friends, I don't wanna do a lot of personal stories, I had friends, women in their thirties that have had strokes, women in their thirties aren't supposed to get strokes, uh, friends who have gotten tumours, when they saw the doctor who prescribed it the doctor said, gee, that happens sometimes; they weren't told this when they were given the drug, and of course they didn't read the warning label. The contraceptive pill which is the most common increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, it increases the risk of cancers, and increases the risk of stroke, these are all documented medically.

Those are the three leading causes of death among women, so right there you got that issue. When the contraceptive pill was first being developed they didn't know about the dosage and a couple of women actually died from it, and so they just lowered the dosage a little bit and put it on the market. Right now the most popular contraceptive pill I believe was called yasm or yasmin, a couple, about two or three years ago and there are over ten thousand lawsuits right now against that one particular form of contraception.

We could go on and on so, uh, the the, one of the big problems with stroke is uh, apparently what happens is  that it causes blood clots, thrombosis, uh, deep in the veins and that can enlarge the brains and it causes strokes so, if you are a woman of child bearing age and you go to the ER with a stroke, which is not that common but, if you do the first question they ask you is, are you on the pill? And if you say yes they say, you're not anymore! So is contraindicated for people with strokes or potential cardiovascular diseases; physicians aren't even supposed to prescribe it if you have those things coming in, so that's that's some of the problems.

JHW: Most physicians though, I mean, are very regularly prescribing this.

EH: Yeah! Well uh, I love physicians, my dad's a physician, I grew up around physicians, uh, but it's a big business and I'm not saying that they're all motivated by profit certainly, although you remember that physicians in the fifties used to say cigarettes were great and, here at least in California we don't buy that anymore but uh it's a multibillion dollar industry and I'm sure that, that influences some people's decisions and, most physicians, actually medical science is not very good around female reproductive tec..., uh, female reproductive systems, I mean, some of it is understood but a lot of it just hasn't been studied that much, they they give the pill out as kind of a, not as really a treatment for the underlying problem but as kind of masking the symptoms;
so women have a recurring uh cysts, or other things and they'll give her the pill to kind of, they say regulate the cycle, but really it just suppresses the fertility cycle, and so the, the health problem isn't addressed but the symptoms go away and so people are, quote, happy, unquote so, that's some of the problems.

JHW: So, these are some of the physical problems that I know that people can look them up, actually they can look them up in labels as you mentioned, but, you mentioned there's also, let's go to the psychological problems, what are some of the psychological problems?

Environmental concerns
EH: I, I should mention one more thing, because I didn't bring this up, there's also environmental concerns, there's environmental concerns about all the chemicals that are going into our water stream, and people, again, in California at least are much more aware of that these days, you know, we don't want to pollute the environment, so I read an article in Science magazine which is a, it's the leading popular magazine for all of science, (it's actually fairly technical and it was talking about the cost of cleaning contraceptives out of the water, they were talking about billions and billions of euros, this was an article written in England, and they were saying, because it's affecting the aquatic life, you're having all these amphibians and even some fish that are no longer male and female because of all the estrogen going into the water, the synthetic estrogen, uh so, again, have the chemistry back o this, very briefly, estrogen ordinarily would break down in your body, but the synthetic stuff has a, has a triple bond between two of the carbon atoms that makes it very stable, because you don't wanna have to keep taking the pill over and over; you take this pill and the stuff doesn't break down, and it does, quote, what it's supposed to do but then it goes out into the water stream and there's nothing in nature to break it down either, so this stuff builds up and builds up.

So people that are concerned about the environment and concerned about their health might also think about that; anyway, that was the aside.

JHW: Well, actually, it's an important side because, so, you said that is affecting the sexual characteristics of fish and stuff like that. Do we know what it's doing in the human population? Cause I presume this gets recycled in through drinking water?

EH: Yeah, it does! There's some, and I'm I'm not an expert in this cause I haven't read it up but there's some concerns that it might be causing women in earlier and earlier to go into puberty, because they're getting, again, this estrogen that they weren't expecting to.

[...]










Share:

Comments

Name:
Email address (will not be published):
Comments:

Bible Verses
New Bible Verses
Procura
RSS feed

RSS_url_to_submit_my_site_sites_websites_submission_rss_sm.jpg

Sheeple_44_190.jpg

From the NWO

Rescue.jpg

Quran - kill and subdue

Jihad_sword_index.png

Abortion Counter

©2018, BlogTok.com | Plataforma xSite. Tecnologia Nacional